Our Commitment to Our Donors
We will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations. This policy applies to all information received by Caring Solutions, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform,” including the Caring Solutions website), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
1. Collection of Personal Information from Users. Except as specifically set forth herein, CSCG may collect or track: (a) the email addresses of users that communicate with CSCG via email; (c) information knowingly provided by the user in online forms, registration or membership forms, surveys, email, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data); (c) aggregate and user-specific information regarding which pages a user accesses; (d) the home server domain names, date and time of your visit, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of web browser of users of the Site; and (e) for users who opt-in to the Geolocation service (described in greater detail in Section 6 below), the location of users of the Site.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Except as provided herein, individually identifying personal information provided to CSCG through the Site will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to third parties not affiliated with CSCG. Identifiable and non-identifiable user information and data may be disclosed or distributed to (a) another party with which CSCG enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or (b) to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or (c) if determined by CSCG in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of CSCG or any other person or entity, or (d) third parties that contract with CSCG to provide products, information or other services that CSCG believes that users may be interested in obtaining. While CSCG may undertake efforts to see that any third party to whom CSCG discloses personal information is under an obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which CSCG exercises no control. CSCG is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
5. Internet Security. CSCG uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site are generally available. However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. CSCG will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that CSCG shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any content via the Site may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the
confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to CSCG via the Site or the Internet in general, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address.
6. Comments, Notices and User Content. All materials or comments posted to any aspect of the Site are public. Please refer to the Website Terms and Conditions for further detail concerning User Content and other materials submitted to the Site. As such, CSCG assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Any comment system on the Site may utilize an opt-in service in accordance with a prevailing community standard. Such opt-in ability is managed by the user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to opt-in to the service, the user’s comments may be associated with the user’s location, both internally within CSCG and publicly on the Site.
7. Opt-Out Right. Except as necessary for CSCG to provide the services, information, or products requested by a registered user, by updating the profile preferences on the Site, a registered user may opt out of having his or her personally identifiable information, which has been voluntarily provided to CSCG through an account registration, or electronic news or information subscription, prospectively retained by CSCG, used by CSCG for secondary purposes, or disclosed by CSCG to third parties. (This does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the user to the Site, or to non-identifiable user information provided or collected.) To opt out, please contact CSCG at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information. Upon your request via postal mail, email, or telephone, CSCG will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by CSCG that has been voluntarily provided by you to CSCG through online forms, registration forms, surveys, email, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting CSCG by email at email@example.com.